Thursday, January 13, 2011

Illustration Friday - Deja-vu

This weeks IF topic was difficult because I didn't want it to be too 'literal.' Plus, how do you literally illustrate "deja-vu" in one illustration?



I painted this with watercolor and then used charcoal and ink to outline and shade areas in. The paper I used is different than what I usually paint on. Normally, I use Stonehenge cotton rag paper, but I got a Lanaquarelle hot press watercolor block for Christmas and I LOVE it!! It can stand up to a lot of washes and it dries very quickly. I also got a pad of Yupo paper that I haven't tried yet. Once I have time to paint or draw something on I'll be sure to post it:)

10 comments:

Linda H said...

Wow- very nice piece. I love how you executed the watercolor, charcoal and ink in your piece. I would like to déjà vu somewhere like that :)!

Courtney Walsh said...

This is just beautiful. I love her!

Lisa Graves said...

this is exquisite!

rachel awes said...

i love how there's
just enough land
for she & her tricycle!
green love, dear amariah!

Linda Hensley said...

Love it. Nice job!

yuval hoshen said...

Very cool! Great job!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi,
Another lovely piece! The little girl with her tricycle is so cute. The green sky really adds so much depth to the drawing!
Hugs

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh my! i enlarged this so see the details better and was blown away. This might be one of my favorites! Bea-u-ti-ful.
xo jj

Andrew Finnie said...

Hey Amariah, I echo Joanna's sentiments. Have you seen Avatar? So beautiful - like your work. :)

see you

Hannah Sommerville said...

I always love your work so a couple of days ago I passed the Stylish Blogger Award onto you. You can find it on my blog if you want to play along :)