Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why I Hate Being Sick

I'm not one to complain, but I have been sick for about the last week with some sort of like a cold/flu thing. I know that no one likes to be sick but I ESPECIALLY don't like it. When I realized I was getting sick I started eating a lot of honey and drinking a lot of tea because that is what everyone I talked to told me to do. In two days I ate about a half a bear of honey (the big bear not the little one) and like 16 cups of tea.

The worst part about me being sick is that I have a hard time falling asleep. I can't sleep when I'm uncomfortable, and when I'm sick I am very uncomfortable. NyQuil usually does a pretty good job of knocking me out, however, it tastes so disgusting that I have to give myself a ten minute pep talk just to be able to drink it down. THEN, after working myself up for ten minutes I realize that if I would have taken it ten minutes ago it would be all over. At that point I have to give myself another pep talk telling myself to take it right away so it can be over with. When I finally do take it I have to eat a bunch of crackers to get the disgusting taste out of my mouth. And by then everyone in the house is staring at me because apparently I was giving myself the pep talk out loud and I have cracker crumbs all over my clothes and in my hair. Needless to say, I don't take NyQuil unless I am really desperate. But seriously, if I didn't have anything better to do, I would totally call NyQuil and ask them why their medicine tastes so bad.

The good news is that I'm getting better now. I'm back to painting and drawing again.. I usually don't work when I'm sick because I tend to 'ruin' things when I don't feel good:/
But anyways, I have a ton of new illustrations to share.. just have to get them all scanned in:)

5 comments:

Christie said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. I can't wait to see your new illos!

Izzy said...

Big hug, glad you are on the mend... The world can't live without Am art.

Joanna Jenkins said...

i never understood why NyQuil tastes so bad-- if the manufacture could fix that I bet they'd sell A LOT more of it.

Glad you're feeling better.
Cheers, jj

Alejandra Goll said...

How are you now? I hope you were able to recover more quickly than expected! Being sick has a lot of setbacks in one's daily activities. Just like what you wrote, taking a rest and sleeping are almost impossible for you while sick. A good way to avoid all of these is by following a healthy habit that'll help you prevent any type of illness.

Alejandra Goll @ US Health Works

Teresa Rowe said...

I have the same problems as you when trying to sleep when I’m sick, especially if it’s the flu or any sinus-related ailment. On the occasion that I do drift off quickly, I am suddenly forced awake in the middle of the night because I’m having problems breathing in a certain position, clogged nose and all. Here’s to not getting sick. Stay well!