Saturday, September 18, 2010

Apology Retracted



Me: Are you mad about something?

Matt: Yes

Me: What?

Matt: You need to apologize to me

Me: oh.. well, yeah, you're probably right. You do deserve an apology.

Matt: I know I do.

Me: So how long are you going to be mad at me?

Matt: Until you apologize

Me: That's ridiculous. What if I never apologize? Are you going to be mad for the rest of your life?

Matt: Maybe.

Me: I would expect that from me, but not from you Matt.

Matt: Are you going to apologize?

Me: Actually, I'm not even sure what I should be apologizing for.

Matt: Because you accused me of something I didn't do!

Me: So if I think you did something wrong I'm not supposed to say anything?

Matt: You're not supposed to accuse me!

Me: If I never accuse you, then how will I know if you did the thing I think you did?

Matt: Ask.

Me: I gotta say, I don't think I'm in the wrong here.

Matt: You are. Trust me.

Me: No, I don't think so. I refuse to apologize.

Matt: You can't do that.

Me: I just did.

Matt: What are you, twelve years old?

Me: I don't like your tone. I think you owe me an apology.

Matt: What?

Me: Yes, and if you don't apologize, I'm going to take back every apology I ever gave you.

Matt: I'm not apologizing.

Me: Fine. I hereby retract every apology I ever gave to you.

Matt: That will be easy because you never apologize for anything.

Me: Yeah, well I'm smarter than you.

Matt: Whatever.

Me: I am. People are always coming up to me and saying "I can't believe your with someone who is so not as smart as you!" Then they try to give me money because they feel sorry for me.

Matt: Well people are always coming up to me and telling me that they feel sorry for me because I have to live with you!

Me: Whatever.

Matt: Whatever to you.

... and it goes on like that for another 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Sissy Sparrows said...

Ohhhh....that sounds not good. It's horrible to fight with loved ones. For me, my anger always turns to guilt when I have time to reflect on the horrible things that I say in anger.

I have found that it is easy to say sorry (only after a while when my point is made of course)....especially to the ones I love the most. And I also feel better.

Not to sound morbid but I couldn't bare it if that was the last angry thing they heard from me.

My boy and me....we sometimes just say can we start again. "Hi, how was your day today...."

Goodluck...it feels better to vent I know!

Andrew Finnie said...

You know, I discovered a few years ago that I got on better with people till I spoke to them.

So the moral was ... :)

No that is silly advice, don't listen to me.
I like the logo by the way.