Friday, May 21, 2010

Seven Things You Were Afraid to Ask...

I was recently given the Kreativ Blogger Award by Karen over at Artful Living on the Bluff. Usually, awards come to my blog and die, but I need something to blog about today.



Here are the rules for accepting this award:

The Kreativ Blogger Award
1. Post the award on my blog. (check)
2. Thank the person who gave it to me. (Thank you Cindy)
3. Link to the person who gave this to me. (check)
4. Share a list of 7 things that you probably don't know about me.(see below)
5. Choose 7 great bloggers to give the award to.(see below)
6. Share a link to their blogs.(ditto)
7. Leave a comment on their blog.(will do)

Seven things you want to know about me but were afraid to ask:

1. Socks. I like to wear socks, that if given the proper running start, will allow me to slide from one end of the kitchen to the other. No-slip socks? No thank you!

2. I count syllables. More specifically, I count syllables in sets of seventeen (not as hard as you might think). When I get to seventeen syllables I start over again. If I'm talking to someone and the conversation ends at less then seventeen, I add more syllables in my head to get to seventeen. I also count them when I'm reading, watching television, or listening to the radio.

3. For obvious reasons, I hate circles and even numbers.

4. I HATE, and I mean H-A-T-E being told what to do or what to think. This gets under my skin more then anything! Seriously, I never would have made it in a concentration camp.. the guards would have been like "hey you, go move those rocks" and I would have been like "no, make me!" and they would have been like "we'll just shoot you then" and I would have said "go ahead!" At that point it would have been pretty much over.

5. Whenever I hear a dog barking, I think about soup.

6. My favorite episode of South Park is Make Love, Not Warcraft. It is hilarious! I even have it on my Ipod.

7. I think that blog awards that require me to do things are a little annoying. Do you have any idea how long it takes to select seven people, provide links to their blogs, and then go tell them that they won the award? If I could do it all in one sweep it wouldn't be so bad. But instead I have to select them, go their blogs to make sure they haven't already received the award, get links to their blogs, come back to my blog and add their links, then publish this post, then get a link to this post, then try to remember each person I selected, then go back to their blogs and tell them they won, then post a link on their blog back to my blog. And what about all the people I don't choose? Are they going to be mad at me? Are they going to wonder why they weren't selected? Will I get 'hate emails?' Will the people I did select even bother to pass this along???


But since I have to choose, here are my seven:

1. Izzy of Stone Spirit

2. The Candysaurus

3. Becky of Writing on Rose Petals

4. Lisa of Lisa Lectura Creations

5. Bernie of On My Own

6. Jamie of A Forest Frolic

7. Andrew Finnie Artist and Illustrator

And an hour after starting this post I'm finally done!!

Have a great day everyone!!

4 comments:

Natasha said...

OMG! I count syllables too! I didn't think anybody else in the world does this except people with OCD. I count them on my finger tips though, so I guess mine are always in sets of five or ten.

Also thank you for the Award! I'm digitally showering you with love! :D

Izzy said...

you are the greatest!! big hug!

Joanna Jenkins said...

That is one of the best meme lists I've ever seen! Syllable counting???? I'm going to have try that.
Happy weekend.
jj

Matt said...

she hates being told what to do so much that when i told her to breathe she held her breath until she passed out