Monday, May 3, 2010

New Drawing!

I just realized that I am only 15 followers away from 200!! Yay!!

This is a drawing I just finished. Matt (husband/creative adviser) did not want me to put in the triangles, but I just love them! I think that they really 'make' this drawing so it's more like Art and not just a portrait. It took around 25 hours to complete. Can't imagine how long it would have taken if he was wearing a sweater.. all those cables!! It was drawn with mostly charcoal, then I used white pastel for the highlights.



I've also been thinking about making some kind of tutorial. Is that something that any of you would be interested in? I haven't quite decided how I will do it, but it's been on my mind lately.

I'm off to get some more work done~ Hope you all have a lovely day!!

9 comments:

A Forest Frolic said...

I like the triangles too! A tutorial would be fun...go for it!

Jamie :)

Bernie said...

I think this drawing is wonderful, triangles and all. What a beautiful thing you have accompolished, with this charcoal drawing.
Thank you........:-) Hugs

Andrew Finnie said...

Hello Amariah, well I saw this and thought, why are you putting a photograph up.? Heh, silly me.

You've really captured the tonal range wonderfully amongst other things. I like the triangles, they make you wonder.

A tut would be good thank you: )

Pease Porridge said...

Amazing! I would love to see how you do that!

Jennifer

Jenners said...

I like the triangles .. it makes it stand out and seem mysterious and odd. Great work.

Angie Sims said...

Exquisite work!

Bettyann said...

Striking work..spooky with triangles...

Linda said...

Beautiful drawing! Yes.. I would most definitely be interested in a tutorial... thanks

Izzy said...

YES to the tutorial!!! =)