Monday, March 22, 2010

The Girl's Room

It's hard to believe but Spring break will be here next week! Sooo, I decided to use that week to re-paint/re-organize/clean/re-decorate the girls' room. The last time I painted their room was five years ago and they've pretty much trashed it since then. They keep their clothes in a big standing closet, but somehow managed to pull the doors off of it. So this means that I also need to figure out where to put their stuff. This is what their closet looks like right now:



The first time I painted their room I made it a vanilla ice cream color, and a deep pink sorbet color. The new ones will be purple, yellow, and green. These are the colors that Jalen picked out:



I was thinking that maybe if they picked out the colors and everything they would actually want to take care of it :P I'm also going to buy new curtains. I already know what kind of fabric I want, but apparently the pattern I want doesn't exist. This is actually the number one reason why i don't like shopping. I have a very clear idea in my mind of what I want, but then when i go to buy it and find that there is no such thing!

Another thing that I'm going to do is paint a couple of acrylic canvas paintings for their walls. I'm trying to convince Jalen that jungle type animals would look best, but so far she just wants flowers.

So that's that.. as soon as I'm finished I'll post pictures!!

2 comments:

Pease Porridge said...

Beautiful colors...can't wait to see the finished product.

Jennifer

廖佳怡 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.