Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Conversation With Matt

Me: Hey, I think my car needs a new battery

Matt: I think so too. You better take it in.

Me: Can you take it in?

Matt: Why can't you do it?

Me: I'm a girl! I can't take my car in for a battery change.. that's a man's job!

Matt: All you do is drop it off and tell them it needs a new battery.

Me: No, I would rather you do it.

Matt: Why?

Me: Because they might try to cheat me since I'm a girl.

Matt: How?

Me: Well, what if they tell me I need two batteries? I'll probably believe it because I'm a girl and I don't know anything about cars.

Matt: You're right.. they might try to sell you blinker fluid too.

Me: Do you think I need blinker fluid?

Matt: You need something, but it's not blinker fluid.

Me: So you're going to take my car in, right?

Matt: I guess I can.

Me: When?

Matt: Whenever I can.

Me: I want you to do it right away. What if I go outside one morning and my car won't start?

Matt: Then you'll just need a jump and we can take it in.

Me: But what if the police or FBI are after me and I'm in a hurry!

Matt: Why would the police or FBI be after you?

Me: I don't know. Maybe I'm not who I say I am.

Matt: Who are you then?

Me: I'm Amariah.. but you don't know that for sure. Besides, I need to be prepared for anything!

Matt: You're unbelievable

Me: So when are you taking my car in??

9 comments:

queen-of-nostalgia said...

:)

Izzy said...

i am so using this when my car needs stuff... thanks!!!

becky said...

LOL too funny you.Youre hilarious seriously.But you know I have to admit one thing.The comment you made about being a woman and someone trying to trick you inot somthing thinking you dont know about cars,I used to think that LOL.When my husband died 7 years ago I was totally in charge of my car then.But Im fine with it now Ive learned ,heheh.

Erin said...

Ha, oh my.. that sounds like a conversation I would have!

I just ordered one of your drawings for a close friend of mine as a thank you gift.. it's perfect, I can't wait to give it to him. :)

Your illustrations are amazing.. thank you for sharing such beautiful talent.. I look forward to reading your blog as well.

Blessings,
Erin

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Lol!!! Are you blonde? JK!!! The blinker fluid had me snorting through my nose!!

Jenners said...

This was so amusing!!! And I think I need blinker fluid too! : )

And a "real man" can put in a battery by himself and save the money. Just saying.

Jeanne Selep said...

LOL. The comments are funny too. This is the first blog post I actually sent on to my husband. Sales people do try to "upsell" women. Blinker fluid... :) Jenners comment is so funny also.

Bettyann said...

I laughed so much lol I am like that..best go get my blinker fluid checked heheh

Linda said...

I swear you have my house bugged! and you are so right... it's a man's job to take it in...