Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Random Things

1. Since I was sick for several days last week I had spent most of Labor day weekend catching up on laundry. I think I did about 20 loads and I'm still not caught up. Of course part of that is because our washing machine is having problems so I can only wash medium loads. Plus the kids use a billion towels when they take a bath and they won't use a towel more then once.

2. You know what I hate? Sunlight. The curtains in our bedroom are kind of an off white so bright sunlight wakes me up most mornings. Today I went out and bought some dark red curtains so my room is more like a cave now... so take that sunshine!

3. I haven't mowed the lawn since the trowel incident. Fortunately we have a back up mower. I'm going to mow the lawn tomorrow and hope I don't run over anything.

4. The girls decided that they don't want to be in karate anymore. Both of them want to go back to gymnastics. This means that I get to wake up at the crack of dawn on Saturdays so I can take them to classes. On the plus side though I have something I can dangle in front of Junie... she can only be in gymnastics if she doesn't get written up at school.

5. I went ahead and added color to this drawing. I really like the way it turned out and I'm going to be doing a lot more with color in the months ahead.

2 comments:

Quilt Works said...

I like the way it tuned out too! I really ennoy the final work more, when I see steps of how it got there!



I would also like to invite you to joing my free ACEO giveaway

HappyOrganist said...

your laundry pile sounds like mine ;D

very cute artwork, btw. Love the style ;D