Friday, August 14, 2009

What's For Dinner?

So I went to the grocery store today. I hate shopping for just about anything. We are hoping to be able to buy a new house within a few years and I've already let Matt know that I will not be doing any house hunting. I'm leaving that up to him- I'm sure he'll be able to pick out something nice.
Anyways, back to shopping- I hate grocery shopping more then any other kind of shopping. First off, I always somehow get the most defective/noisiest cart in the store. Second, I always get the slooowest cashier. Honestly, I would really just like to to jump behind the counter and check myself out. Yes, I realize that there are self checkout lanes, but those take even longer because either the bar code won't read, or it asks me 50 times to put my milk in my bag even though I already have.
Because I find shopping to be a tremendous pain I buy as much as I can so I don't have to go as often. I plan out all our meals for two weeks, thus making it possible to only go to the grocery store twice a month. All of our meals are made from scratch whenever possible. That is why I love cooking blogs. Especially this one! Eat at Home is fantastic because she uses regular ingredients so I don't have to go traipsing all over town looking for some obscure spice. Not that I would do that anyways- in fact, I'm very impatient when it comes to shopping so if I can't find it within five minutes it gets left out.
Actually I'm very impatient in general, but we'll talk about that on another day:P

Do any of you have a food/cooking blog that you really like? If you do I would love it if you would leave a link!

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

becky said...

Actually I dont have any cooking blogs.But I like you like to pass through them once in a while.I think your idea for cooking from scratch is a great idea.It tastes better and I think the kids see how much time you take in preparing the food they eat, and I think thats good for them.Anyway, I will check out the cooking blog you posted, have a nice sunday!

becky said...

Wow that blog looks to good.Veggie pie, right up my alley.lol.Oh the cookies, darn you lol.

aforestfrolic said...

I totally just rss'd that blog...I need any help I can get in the kitchen, tee hee. Wish I had one to share with you :( I do like allrecipes but I'm sure you already use that one. I love your art too!

Jamie :)

Izzy said...

Well, because of stupid food allergies I have to eat dairy and gluten free which sometimes means I have to shop at special stores. But it has taught us how to cook naturally, meaning nothing with preservatives, which makes us feel healthier. Here are some of my favorites...

http://www.elanaspantry.com/
http://franlife.blogspot.com/
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/

Oh, and I too am very short on patience. When you figure out which store to buy that at, please let me know. =)

paula nerhus said...

okay, I am so understanding you!!!I hate shopping also! I buy like three carts full and get out as fast as I can and I do not go back till I have to. I love to cook but also hate making up my mind what to fix! Sometimes I look at fozen dinners to get an idea while at the store, what to fix!!!hahah

jude cowell said...

Well, i'm late to your post but have you tried Farmgirl Fare?

Love your blog btw! Jude