Tuesday, August 4, 2009

St. Louis Zoo

We had to go out of town this last weekend and on the way back we stopped by the St. Louis zoo with the boys. The girls were out of town with family so they didn't get to go.
The zoo in St. Louis is huge, and even though we walked around for seven hours we didn't get to see everything. It's the biggest zoo I've ever been to. We usually go once or twice a year and it's always a lot of fun, but very tiring. We went down the day before and got a room at a hotel that had a pool so that the kids could swim for awhile. Unfortunately, it wasn't very warm but they had fun anyways.
The zoo is free to get in, but if you want to ride the train, see the sea lion show, or go to the children's zoo you have to pay for that. Sooo, we always get the safari passes for $10 so that we can ride the train as much as we want and go wherever we want. I don't particularly enjoy watching animals as much as I just like taking pictures.
I won't bore you all with a bunch of animal pictures, but here are a few that I like


I don't know what these two are doing, but I think it's a cool picture. The butterfly on the left is a little out of focus, but I was trying to shoot quickly with my macro lens in a really crowded butterfly room.

If Matt and the boys were otters this is what they would look like!



The boys with a statue of a guy I've never heard of..



The best picture of the boys!



Sorry folks, no pictures of me. Hayden took a few but they were all blurry :/

3 comments:

Pease Porridge said...

I love the St. Louis Zoo. Boy, those hills will wear you out though don't they!? We went this summer to pet the Stingrays. That was super cool.

Jennifer

Andrew Detmers said...

Love the pics, especially the otters.

ThreeFive18 said...

aweseome pics! your boys are SO cute! :)