Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bikes, Stamps, and Poetry


My favorite part about Summer, besides strawberries, is riding my bike. I have a Trek hybrid that Matt bought me three and a half years ago for my birthday. The bike shop told me when we picked it out that I should bring it back in after a year to have the breaks checked (or something like that). I actually don't really remember what he said..just that I was supposed to bring it in every year. Anyhoo, I never got around to bringing it in for a tune up until a few days ago. I actually would have waited longer but one of my pedals was squeaking. Also, it was becoming increasingly difficult to ride for long distances. I don't know why..maybe the tires were low or something. I brought my bike in on Monday and I picked it up last night. Whatever they did it made a huge difference! I haven't had a chance to go on a long bike ride, but I'm planning on going tomorrow night.

Now onto stamps! Asspocket Productions on Etsy used one of my drawings to make a stamp. You can see it here. They also sent me one and I got it in the mail yesterday. It's a neat little stamp and it even came with a plastic case. I also like that she has YouTube videos explaining how to care for and use the stamps.

Little Papoose used my drawing Waiting as an illustration for one of her poems. You can read it here.

I hope everyone is having a great week, and I'll be back again tomorrow with my Illustration Friday entry :o)

4 comments:

becky said...

I always loved bike riding as well Amariah.But I got rid of my bike 7 years ago along with some things when my husband died 7 years ago.It was very rusty and I thought why keep it I will some day ride again.I will check out the stamp that was made from your pic.have a great friday ahead,I will return back then.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

There is nothing like getting on a bike and pedaling away...especially a well tuned bike. Congrats on the stamp and what a great poem!

Fantastic Figments said...

Hey lady congrats on the stamp that is such a huge honor! AWESOME.. We all know you are good enough :).

Thanks for the pointing out what you like it helps me a ton!!!!!! Really, I can never find anyone to crituque me.:(

I do hope it turns into something I get butterflys every time I shoot.. I think that is a good thing .

Smooches
Steph

Happy weekend Twinny :)

Surabhi said...

Wow two excellent pieces of news. Way to Go!!! Congrats once again. Have fun :)