Monday, June 1, 2009

Life without a Camera and Hansel and Gretel

I sent my camera off to Canon to be repaired two weeks ago. It really, really sucks not having a camera. I had wanted to start posting more pictures on my blog since it's (almost) Summer, but alas, I cannot. I also have a bunch of Art that I want to post, but I can't do that either. All I have is an old scanner with scratches all over the bed. I used the scanner to scan this drawing, and I had to spend over an hour 'removing' the scratch marks in Photoshop. This is the first in storybook series that I have been thinking about for a few months now. It's Hansel and Gretel and I made it with graphite and watercolor on Bristol board. I'm making 8x10 prints for my Etsy shop, and it can be bought here.

3 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

It is so frustrating waiting for a camera to come back from the repair shop. Mine had to go in a couple of months ago and they took a month to get it back to me...argh!! Soon enough...it will be back! I loved Hansel & Gretel as a little girl ;D

Fantastic Figments said...

I can't tell you enough how AWESESESESOME your new work it. I am just so over the moon about it. I am saving my pennies to buy one for my bedroom :)

SMooches
Steph

Andrew Detmers said...

Hey Am,

If you think it is going to be a while I would be more than happy to let you borrow mine. Let me know if you'd be interested and I can bring it into work and drop it off with Matt.

Dewey